How to Cook OatmealMissing Ingredients
- The oats to water ratio should be 1:3
- With that in mind, set water to boil with a pinch of salt.
- When water starts boiling, pour oats in.
- Bring down to a very gentle simmer. There should barely be bubbles.
- Cook for 25 minutes if steel-cut or 5 minutes for rolled oats. Stirring and scraping sides and bottom occasionally.
- You can store extras in the fridge for up to a week.
- Topping ideas: cinnamon, sugar, peanut butter, dried fruits, regular fruits, chex mix, nuts.